Research shows that drinking alkaline hydrates your body better than plain water. Many different studies have demonstrated that maintaining the body in a properly hydrated state has both health benefits that have been attributed to alkaline water super hydration are
- Fitness Benefits
- Increased Endurance
- Faster Recovery
- Oxygen Saturation
- Body Temperature Control
- Health Benefits
- Blood Pressure Reduction
- Cleanse toxins
- Cleanse colon
Blood Pressure reduction – Dehydration increases your bloods viscosity – makes it thicker, which makes your heart work harder.
Cleanse Toxins – Hydrating the body better provides more water for it to flush toxins out with.
Alkaline Water Hydration
Cleanse Colon – Ensuring proper hydration keep the colon lubricated. When you are dehydrated, your brain has priority over the rest of your body for the water in your bloodstream. The colon is the first organ in your body that your brain deprives of water, so it dries out when you’re dehydrated.
Increased Endurance – Studies show that athletic performance diminishes with as little as 2% body dehydration. Alkaline water has been shown to hydrate better than plain water.
Faster Recovery – Rehydrating with alkaline water has been shown to flush lactic acid waste from the body faster than plain water after exercise.
Oxygen Saturation – Lactic acid waste in the muscles reduces oxygen uptake. Alkaline water has been shown to counter lactic acid in the muscles which improves the muscles’ ability to use oxygen.
Body Temperature Control – Proper hydration allows the body to sweat enough to release excess heat when the body is hot. When the body is cold, proper hydration assures that the blood (which warms the body) has the right viscosity so it can circulate throughout the body freely.
Alkaline water provides gentle daily cleansing of the body’s systems in several ways:
- Kidneys – Causes ion-trapping process that draws out acidic toxins
- Liver – Increase levels of two antioxidants in the liver promoting blood cleaning
- Muscles – Neutralize and flush out lactic acid
- Intestines – Promotes good micro flora that break down toxins
- Colon – Proper hydration provides lubrication
- Cells – Neutralize stored toxins and fatty acids
- Kidneys – Ion Trapping Process – Alkaline pH bicarbonate ions supplied by alkaline water combine in the blood with acidic toxins. The resulting combined molecule is large enough to get trapped by the kidneys and flushed from your system.
- Liver – Alkaline water has been shown to increase the level of a powerful antioxidant called Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). The function of antioxidant SOD in your liver is to enhance the livers blood cleansing function.
- Muscles – That burning sensation you feel after a workout is called lactic acid burn. Alkaline water sports hydration studies show that lactic acid levels during a workout are lower when you drink alkaline water. After the workout, alkaline water helps flush lactic acid from the system faster.
- Intestines – The intestines work best at pH level 8.3, which is alkaline. This is because beneficial microorganisms that help break down food flourish at 8.3 pH. When the intestines are too acidic, harmful bacteria thrive that interfere with digestion. Undigested food then rots in the intestines and releases toxins.
- Colon – The colon also benefits when micro flora have an alkaline environment. Proper hydration helps maintain lubrication in the colon making it easier for it to expel wastes.
- Cells – Acidic waste builds up in the body when it is unable to flush them. Alkaline water provides bicarbonates which neutralize acidic wastes. Those wastes are then released through the ion-trapping process.
BALANCE BODY pH
Your body is not all one pH, some parts are naturally acidic, others naturally alkaline. Your blood maintains a narrow range of 7.35 – 7.45 pH.
Maintaining the proper pH balance in your kidneys has been shown to be a preventive measure against a medical condition called metabolic syndrome.
Research shows that raising the pH of your urine by just 1 pH can prevent or eliminate the symptoms of metabolic syndrome:
- High Blood Pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- High Blood Sugar
- Kidney Stones
The three main benefits alkaline water provides for weight loss are:
- Detoxification – counteract fatty acids stored in fat cells
- Hydration – Better workouts let you burn more calories
- pH balance – Prevents the body from storing fatty acids in fat cells
Detoxification – Fatty acids are poisonous to your body, so it stores the acids it can’t get rid of in a protective buffer of fat. Alkaline water can help neutralize these acids and flush them from the body.
Hydration – Better hydration improves athletic endurance and helps the body maintain its temperature during workouts.
pH Balance – Research published by Harvard University Medical shows that maintaining the body’s pH balance with alkaline water reduces your chance of suffering from the symptoms of metabolic syndrome – one of which is weight gain.
There are a couple of theories that explain how alkaline water can help you lose weight:
- Nutrition Deficiency – Alkaline water supplies highly bioavailable nutrients that help weight loss in nutritionally-deficient people. Nutrition deficiencies are a consequence of the acidic Western Diet.
- Acid/Alkaline theory – The body stores excess acids that come from diet, pollution and stress in fat cells. Body fat builds up as a consequence. Alkalinity neutralizes fatty acids in the body, the body is then able to let go of its protective layer of fat. Obesity is one of the symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome.
Aging in the body is a complex process controlled by many factors, one of which is oxidation caused by free radicals. Oxidation occurs when free radicals – also known as oxidants – attack the molecules that make up healthy tissues in the body by stripping them of electrons.
Antioxidant alkaline water works to prevent free radicals from attacking your tissues by providing an abundance of excess electrons in the body. These excess electrons neutralize the free radicals that cause cellular and DNA damage that leads to premature aging.
HEART HEALTH / BLOOD PRESSURE
Alkaline ionized water has been shown to reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels in people with mineral deficiencies; a health problem that public health officials estimate is widespread.
One study on alkaline water’s ability to reduce blood pressure showed that alkaline water supplied beneficial levels of calcium and magnesium even for people with health problems that impair their ability to absorb those minerals.
Alkaline water has been shown to reduce oxidative stress in the body that affects the liver. A recent study showed an average 43% reduction in T-BARS – Thiobarbituric Acid Reactive Substances – Chemicals in the body that cause liver damage.
Alkaline water has also been shown to increase levels of a critical antioxidant that protect the liver. Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) breaks down bad cholesterol and hydrogen peroxide in the liver. Higher levels of SOD in the liver help it cleanse blood more efficiently.
Research shows a clear link between alkaline water and bone health. When your body’s pH balance becomes acidic, your body will adjust it by taking calcium from your bones. Several studies have shown that drinking alkaline water can significantly reduce the amount of calcium lost due to body acidity, and reduces bone loss.
More minerals – Even if the body has a hard time absorbing them
One study in particular looked at groups of people which included people with digestive problems that cause mineral deficiencies. The study showed that alkaline water provided increased mineral absorption even in the presence of clinical digestive deficiencies.
Alkaline water also supplies useful amounts of calcium to your body. Research shows that calcium is easier to absorb from water than it is from food based sources.
Two ways alkaline water helps maintain bone density:
- Helps prevent calcium-leeching acidosis
- Alkaline water contains beneficial calcium
Better bone health for those most at risk
Research on women over 75 years of age shows that drinking alkaline water led to significant decreases in two indicators that doctors use to measure the rate of bone loss.
Parathyroid hormone (PTH) – Controls calcium and phosphorus levels
Serum C-Telopeptide (CTX) – Used to measure bone turnover
Parathyroid Hormone – Measures calcium loss. High levels of PTH in the blood cause your bones to release calcium into your bloodstream. Serum C-Telopeptide – Measures the rate of bone turnover. High levels of CTX means that you are losing bone faster than you are making it!
Alkaline water helps empty out your digestive tract after a meal – even if you have digestive problems! Research has shown that alkaline water can help restore healthy digestive function.
Research suggests that alkaline water may reduce the symptoms of:
- Colitis – Reduce pain and bloating
- Diarrhea – Helps restore normal stools
- Constipation – Helps improve bowel movements
Alkaline water has an antacid effect which can lead to fewer upset stomachs, and improve overall digestive health. Measurement of stomach pH levels after drinking alkaline water showed that stomach pH increased by .5 to 1pH. The beneficial antacid effect lasted for a half hour after drinking the water.
When exercising, you are consuming more oxygen and metabolizing energy through muscle work. This process creates free radicals, lactic acid and a mild metabolic acidosis. Drinking alkaline, ionized, mineral hydrate water can help ameliorate all three of these byproducts of exercise.
Alkalizing the body is a well-known method of increasing sports endurance. Studies on the effects of alkaline water on exercise show that alkaline water provides these benefits
- Improved Hydration
- Greater Endurance
- Faster Recovery
- More Energy
Improved Hydration – Alkaline water hydrates better than plain water.
Greater endurance- Alkalinity counteracts lactic-acid induced muscle fatigue.
Faster Recovery – Alkaline water helps neutralize and flush lactic acid from the body after exercise
More energy – The antioxidant effect of alkaline water has been shown to help muscles to use aerobic metabolism more efficiently. Athletes who participated in research studies reported that drinking alkaline water made their workouts feel less strenuous.
More information: www.dellavitawater.com